Tuesday 28 February 2012

Fix me.

I need to go to rehab.  Is there a fat camp for adults?  If I could stand being away from my girls I would totally go.  I wish I could find someone that could fix me.  There must be some professional out there that's looking for a pet project?  It should be me.  A dietician, a personal trainer... anyone.  And yes, I see the fatal flaw in my logic here - I am fully aware that the only person that can fix me, is me.  I just like having someone to look after me I guess.  This probably stems from my childhood somehow.

Today feels like an O.K. day in my world.  These are few and far between, so I'm going to try to make the most of it.  I had a great phone chat with my friend KT last night, and she always makes me feel better.  She's going to go to the gym with me tomorrow evening, which I'll be sure to start documenting.  I like to give nicknames to other gym goers, so I'll do my best to get some sly pictures of them. Isn't that terrible? She's also going to start calling me periodically to see if I'm eating properly!  I think this will be good for me and I hope I don't lie about it. :P  Maybe I should just give her log-in information for my My Fitness Pal account?  I think that might do the trick.

So far today I had some toast, and a slice of cheese.  I was off to a good start until my oldest daughter, who I call Beansie, requested something for her sore throat so I made her a chocolate milkshake - which led to me having my own milkshake.  Alas, all is not lost.  It is still early in the day and I am trying to be optimistic.

Check out this little tidbit I saw on a friends facebook this morning:


And since it's a snow day, what better time!  I realize it's not a huge workout, and certainly isn't enough to make a difference if I just do it once, but maybe I can squeeze it in a few times today.  :)  Beansie and Miffy (my youngest daughter) can do it with me.  

Cross your fingers!  

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine shared that workout as part of her 2012 resolution. I thought it looked interesting. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your snow day, love! We have one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't apologize for your feelings! We're all allowed to have them, and they aren't always akin to rainbows and unicorns. <3

    ReplyDelete